Sunday, September 25, 2011


A Garden Nymph:
Here is a recent painting of a garden nymph.  There are truly some flowers and blooms that exist in our world that are extraordinary and exquisite.  When I see something of that nature, I can't help but sense the soul of that creation.  Something of an aura surrounds that beauty, and this painting is my interpretation of that unearthly presence.  This is a poor reproduction of the original painting.  This is painted on super smooth sanded maple board, the background in painted in a satin finished antique gold and the image is light and dark variations of one color, a very, very light pale lemon yellow.  It has a three dimensional quality and is very tactile.  There is a shiny, thick medium placed over the pale lemon.  It is like a painting the blind could feel.  I really find it hard to restrict my use of color, but I was quite happy with the results of that self-imposed restriction.  I have had many compliments on this particular painting.  I will have to get a better image, and post later.  This is one of those paintings I find difficult to discuss in terms of content.  It is part visual poem and part prayer, it is like a tribute to William Blake.

No comments:

Post a Comment